BEFORE YOUR TAN
Day zero is just as important as day 5!
- Make sure to exfoliate 24 hours prior to your session. Don’t exfoliate right before hand - your skin needs the amino acids it naturally builds to create a healthy tan. Scrubbing these off right before your session will lessen your tan.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing and flip flops to your session. If rain is expected, wear pants and light jacket if possible.
No makeup, lotion, and light deodorant, please!
- Immediately before your sunless session, be sure to use an eXmitt (available in store) to gently exfoliate, moisturize skin, & balance pH.
GREATNESS CAN'T BE RUSHED!
Well, it can with a rapid tan!
- Your spray tan needs to sit on your skin for 18-24 hours before your first warm water rinse - unless you’re using our One Hour Rapid Tan solution. If so, let your tan sit for 1 hour for a light tan and no more than 3 hours for a dark tan (waiting longer will adversely affect your color).
- Regardless of your solution, a warm water rinse is all that should happen for your first shower. Don’t rough that tan up with soaps, washcloths, or loofahs. Gently use your hands to rid your skin of any excess cosmetic bronzer - and don’t worry! Your tan isn’t washing down the drain, just the cosmetic bronzer. If using the Rapid Tan solution, your tan will continue to darken for up to 24 hours.
- Be sure to read the section below!
GIVE IT A DRINK!
The secret to a well-maintained, gorgeous tan is in healthy skin.
- The best thing you can do for your spray tan is use a Norvell after care product, such as our Venetian Color Extender or Boost. These products can nearly double the life of your tan.
- Not looking for a bronzing product? No problem! Our Body Butter will both leave your skin feeling silky smooth, and ready for that next tan.
- Make sure you DON’T use a soap with sulfates! Dove and Safeguard will strip your tan immediately. Our pH balanced cleanser smells amazing and is sure to extend the life of your tan.